[SOLVED] I7 11700k RPM and CPU questions

Oct 10, 2021
I have an NZXT H710 Case
Gigabyte Auros Elite AX
16GB 3600Mhz
CPU I7 11700k
Cooler: Arcticfreezer 280

Now the CPU when I'm doing nothing is at 49C to 51C.
When I play nonheavy games it goes up to 60C.
When I play battlefield 1 for example it goes up to 70C to 73C

What is the issue ? I heard that the CPU should be around 30c while idle and goes up on heavy usage to 60C.

Power Plan my minimum CPU state is at 100% can this be the issue?
I tried lowering it to 5% but still the same temperatures.

Another thing is that I connected the Arcticfreezer 280 into CPU FAN HEADER in the motherboard.

the System information viewer app that controls the fans which came with the motherboard is showing me that the max RPM speed is 1313.
I believe it is supposed to be 1700 RPM, not 1313.

Solution
Speed Shift is a power saving feature that lets the cores clock down when they're not being used. It's supposed to have a faster response than the Speed Step feature, which does the same thing, but is controlled by the OS.
It's ok to leave that enabled. Don't enable both though, that's not necessary.

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
In power plan cpu stare is for usage - frequency. On balanced cpu will work from min to max frequencies depending on work.
  • In bios try to make optimal fan curve. 30-40% from 0 to 40 degrees for example.
  • If this doesnt help, then try to reapply thermal paste and reseat cooler. Maybe you did something wrong...
Idle temp should seat on middle 30s degrees.

Keep us posted.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Now the CPU when I'm doing nothing is at 49C to 51C.
It is a reflection of a combination of things.
-pump speed
-cpu voltage
-whether or not the cpu is overclocked, or you stopped the cpu from clocking individual cores down when they're not being used.
-fans and fan speed
-chassis airflow

the System information viewer app that controls the fans which came with the motherboard is showing me that the max RPM speed is 1313.
I believe it is supposed to be 1700 RPM, not 1313.
Isn't this because the pump and fans are managed by a single PWM header? It can't report both from the same header.
If it's trying to report both, well I can't imagine that going over well...

Oct 10, 2021
CPU dropped to 3.8 MHz when I did sit it in power plan to Balanced. but later it went back to 4.6 and above . its moving up and down ....
In power plan cpu stare is for usage - frequency. On balanced cpu will work from min to max frequencies depending on work.
  • In bios try to make optimal fan curve. 30-40% from 0 to 40 degrees for example.
  • If this doesnt help, then try to reapply thermal paste and reseat cooler. Maybe you did something wrong...
Idle temp should seat on middle 30s degrees.

Keep us posted.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Speed Shift is a power saving feature that lets the cores clock down when they're not being used. It's supposed to have a faster response than the Speed Step feature, which does the same thing, but is controlled by the OS.

Solution
Oct 10, 2021

So it is fine to have the processor speed run high 4.13 Mhz and above while watching the desktop doing nothing but watching task manager CPU monitoring ?