Question i7-12700h or i5-12450h ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1more16

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
İ am looking to buy a new huawei matebook d16 laptop, and i have a choice between i7-12700h and i5-12450h. There is like a 100$ difference, and i will use this laptop for studing/net surfing/ some coding. My budget is really tight, so i wanted to ask if will i5-12450h be enough for me, or i should pay more and get i7 :)

The single thread performance on a well known benchmark is 2% in favor of the i7.

Very unlikely you would notice that difference.

I assume the i7 is more expensive. In which case I would get the i5.

Assuming they are otherwise equivalent. Maybe they are not?

Put the saved 100 dollars to some other use....an external drive, improved software, wine, women, or song.

Entirely possible you don't even need the power of that i5 for your limited tasks.

Reactions: PEnns and 1more16
İ am looking to buy a new huawei matebook d16 laptop, and i have a choice between i7-12700h and i5-12450h. There is like a 100$ difference, and i will use this laptop for studing/net surfing/ some coding. My budget is really tight, so i wanted to ask if will i5-12450h be enough for me, or i should pay more and get i7 :)
There is a substantial difference in multi-threaded performance between the two, up to 50%. As @Lafong suggests the single threaded difference is basically non existent so your unlikely to notice a difference between the two unless you are doing very heavy multi-tasking or running very demanding programs that can utilise lots of cores. Performance is comparable to a top end 11th gen i7 from last year.

The i5 12450h is still a very powerful CPU in it's own right so I think it's unlikely you will have any complaints. Of more concern is the RAM, if it were the case that the i5 model came with 8GB and the i7 came with 16GB then I would opt for the i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.