Discussion i7-12700K experience

Mar 21, 2022
this is my first PC build in a decade. i wanted to go all out. but i opted for the following parts, and the many hours of research and youtube videos paid off big time! no error on first boot, clean win 11 install, its smooth as butter
parts:
i7-12700K
Asus Prime Z690-M D4 - this board was $210 on sale, and it has PCIe 5.0 with DDR4...........just the right combo of parts in my opinion
Kingston 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz
Kingston 512GB SSD
Corsair iCue 200T Black
Corsair RM750 Black
Lian Li 240mm AIO white

loaded the front with the 240mm AIO, full intake
took the preinstalled fans and made 1 rear intake, 2 top exhaust
trashed all RGB settings and cables, saved tons of cable management hassle
no GPU since i don't game, maybe later if i decide to go for ultra high res multiple displays.

D

Deleted member 362816

Pretty solid build over all. I do around 2-3 personal builds per year and resell the old ones. Ever since sandy bridge with the memory controller issues I have had pretty good luck. I have had a few DOA GPU's here in there and a few bad ram kit's but noting to bad over all. Can't speak for longevity as I do not keep systems very long. I think with the parts that you selected you will get many good years of use out of this system and if you want to add a GPU down the road you will be able to.

Mar 21, 2022
Pretty solid build over all. I do around 2-3 personal builds per year and resell the old ones. Ever since sandy bridge with the memory controller issues I have had pretty good luck. I have had a few DOA GPU's here in there and a few bad ram kit's but noting to bad over all. Can't speak for longevity as I do not keep systems very long. I think with the parts that you selected you will get many good years of use out of this system and if you want to add a GPU down the road you will be able to.

i came across this MB by mistake, i was looking for cheap options in ATX and ITX when i did an overall check...then i found this mATX board
its LGA1700, DDR4, PCIe 4.0 for m.2, AND PCIe 5.0... some parts i can get for cheap while still having room for new upgrades....AND a thunderbolt 4 header?!? AND on board wifi/bt slot?!? this board was cheap and a dream come true, highly recommended!

although i am using a 2.5" ssd, i will switch to m.2 next week for faster boot and apps load time