Question i7-12700k - no temps shown in MSI MAG Z690 and under 11% util. in cinebench r23.

Nov 1, 2022
Windows 11
MSI MAG Z690 DDR4
Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 32gig 3200 Ram
2 Inland Performance 1TB PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe sticks
Fuma 2 Rev B cooler
Master Cooler GX 750W PSU - using two 4 pins to fill 1 of the eight pins on motherboard

Ordered but not yet received: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC LHR 8GB GDDR6

Scores 1723 on cinebench r23. On CPU-Z it scores 10% compared to a Ryzen 9 5950x. It does not get above 11% capacity on Task Manager. It does not show temps on my MSI MAG Z690 motherboard. I've updated the bio, reset the bio to default. I'm not sure if this is a CPU, motherboard, or windows 11 issue (I had the same issue on Windows 10 - then upgraded). How do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Master Cooler GX 750W PSU - using two 4 pins to fill 1 of the eight pins on motherboard
Ordered but not yet received: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC LHR 8GB GDDR6

How old is the PSU in your build?

You're not using a discrete GPU in your current build? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

MSI MAG Z690 DDR4
Are you working with this motherboard?

Nov 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

You're not using a discrete GPU in your current build? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

MSI MAG Z690 DDR4
Are you working with this motherboard?
Thank you Sir!

The bios is 7D32v18. The Cooler Master is old - approx. 12 years. Didn't use it for about 6 years.

Yes - that's the motherboard. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
The Cooler Master is old - approx. 12 years. Didn't use it for about 6 years.
Try another PSU, borrowed from a friend or neighbor that is reliably built and has more than 650W of power at the entire system's disposal. You have the wrong PSU for the job.