teeteemo

Honorable
Dec 9, 2017
Hi! I just want to know if this is normal. I just notice while watching HWMonitor for 10mins straight (idle),
my idle temp is around 27c~30c but there is one time or 2 times that the temperature spikes to 44c then go back to 28c instantly,
and I saw that the Windows 11 widget process suddenly comes up while on idle then disappears after maybe 3 seconds and some other background process.

Windows that are open while in idle:
  • Discord
  • Task Manager
  • HWMonitor

[HWMonitor Screenshot on idle] https://ibb.co/G02Ys9x

PC Specs (all in stock speed/NO OC):

Intel i7-12700KF
Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO
32GB TForce Delta (3600mhz) (16GB x 2)
Colorful RTX 3060ti Advance OC

Solution
Idle is just a user facing state, doesnt mean its actually idle. At any given time Windows BITS is working in the background to keep your machine stable and running through various operations, and the initialization or suspension of any of its elements could trigger a spike or two. I would say its fairly normal unless you get extremely significant spikes. Those temps look pretty ok to me.

teeteemo

Honorable
Dec 9, 2017
Did you also notice or look for a corresponding increase in CPU percentage usage or power usage in watts?

in CPU process in Task Manager yes, because in my idle may CPU total process is 1% then when the windows 11 widget process comes up, it eat about 0.8% of the cpu process then push that CPU process total to 2%

Discord process = 0.6% (on that time of checking)
Windows 11 widget = 0.8%
and some other processes like Nvidia, Peaful Equalizer, iGameService, RGB Fusion, etc.

I didn't check the power usage in watts

Idle is just a user facing state, doesnt mean its actually idle. At any given time Windows BITS is working in the background to keep your machine stable and running through various operations, and the initialization or suspension of any of its elements could trigger a spike or two. I would say its fairly normal unless you get extremely significant spikes. Those temps look pretty ok to me.

Solution

teeteemo

Honorable
Dec 9, 2017

I see, no extreme spikes just that 2 spikes that I noticed, and when gaming my temperature go up to 60 (The Forest / Valorant)