I7 2600 not k oc with h80

jaygoodie

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
My PC has an i7 2600 not k version and i wanted to oc it to 4 ghz. It heats up to about 56 degrees-60 degrees Celsius when I am running some video encoding. I do have the h80 water cooling on it and i guess what I am trying to ask is if the PC should be running this hot with water cooling. If it is this hot, would it be dangerous to oc it? Thanks so much. PS-my motherboard never gets hotter than 28 degrees Celsius so is that normal too? Thanks so much. and if you have the time, can someone also tell me how to oc the chip? its not the k version, but i do have a tpu (or something) switch on my p8z68-v mobo so do I just flip that? Thanks a ton,
jay

i think you can overclock it to 3 or 4 bins above --so about 4ghz maybe 4.2ghz if you can get the bclk to 105--but thats only one core with the turbo boost--its on intels website somewhere

though if you are worried about temperatures then overclocking will make it run hotter--your temperatures dont look too bad--about the same as my i7-920 on corsair h50 but i am at 4.2ghz and you have a newer cpu which should run cooler and a higher model corsair water cooler than me so they may be a bit high