[SOLVED] i7-2600k for COD: Warzone

Jan 8, 2020
Hey all got a quick question. I have an intel i7-2600k, not overclocked. Temps are fine running everything... except the new-ish game, COD: Warzone. Temps jump up into the mid 90's . Are temps of 93-97C safe for gaming, or am I going to fry my cpu? I think I'm going to upgrade in the near future anyway but thought I'd ask for the short term. Cheers.

Solution
Buy thermal grizzly kryonaut (small tube) and clean old paste from the cpu die and heatsink contact with isoprohyl alcohol (80%+ atleast) until its super clean, wait until dry then apply enough thermal paste. Too little can be a problem, too much is a mess so look videos about it. You can try using more agressive fan profile from bios too, so that you hit 100% fan after lets say 70c for the cpu.

EDIT: cooldex im watching disasembly video about your clevo p870tm laptop, what on earth is this monster
Jan 8, 2020
Yeah I got a pretty new cooler (had to change recently since my AIO died on me) so new thermal past and a Freezer 34 from Arctic. And I have three case fans, two intake one exhaust out the back. The pc was disassembled recently so it is fairly clean. I think the bottom line is that the game is just too CPU intensive for my old i7.

cooldex

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
dude you're not mounting your cpu cooler right checked the manual or watch some videos. Even if cpu running at 100% your ideal temps are 70-80s , which the 2600k shouldnt even be at 100% for cod. But yeah modern cpu will be better and alot more efficient. But a 2600k is still a relative good cpu for its age.

Buy thermal grizzly kryonaut (small tube) and clean old paste from the cpu die and heatsink contact with isoprohyl alcohol (80%+ atleast) until its super clean, wait until dry then apply enough thermal paste. Too little can be a problem, too much is a mess so look videos about it. You can try using more agressive fan profile from bios too, so that you hit 100% fan after lets say 70c for the cpu.

EDIT: cooldex im watching disasembly video about your clevo p870tm laptop, what on earth is this monster

Solution

TRENDING THREADS