[SOLVED] I7 2600k on hp 8200 elite mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2019
It should be as those systems shipped with the non "K" versions. But it would be a waste of a "K" processor as you cannot overclock those systems.
I dont need overclocking. I want to know if it will work with my motherboard. Since im in qatar and limited to pc part stores. And theres a guy selling i7 2600k. Thanks for respondinh 😁

By the way im confused. Is it a yes or no?
What his saying is that it can run it,but it would be a waste of a k model since if the intel cpu has a K in its name it means its overclockable,but OEMs like lenovo,dell,hp ussually have restricted bios so you cant touch the ram and cpu.thats what he meant,but i still think you CANT run it cuz if you look at the link i sent you in this thread it says it doesnt support the k module (doesnt support the 2600k,but supports 2600)

By the way im confused. Is it a yes or no?
What his saying is that it can run it,but it would be a waste of a k model since if the intel cpu has a K in its name it means its overclockable,but OEMs like lenovo,dell,hp ussually have restricted bios so you cant touch the ram and cpu.thats what he meant,but i still think you CANT run it cuz if you look at the link i sent you in this thread it says it doesnt support the k module (doesnt support the 2600k,but supports 2600)

Status
Not open for further replies.