Question I7 3770 Buy new motherboard or upgrade pc ?

anoyo

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
So my motherboard started to acting weird sound missing ,drive f: missing ,but still able to function ok ,after restart it work ,but it annoyed me a bit ,and after i check it the motherboard for sure

so i thinking i should buy a new motherboard but ,i can't decide if i should buy new motherboard or upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 which should be improvements to my current build ,idk i can't decide ,so any thoughts on that will be great ,and thank.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
IMO - Upgrade any day of the week.

The old chipsets are really beginning to show their age now, even an i3 9100F will outperform a 3770 nowadays. You can pick up 2nd Gen Ryzen for little now that 3rd gen has caused them to lose value, and even then 3rd gen is well priced in most locations.

I wouldn't waste the money on a motherboard, and just put in a bit more and get a new platform.

So my motherboard started to acting weird sound missing ,drive f: missing ,but still able to function ok ,after restart it work ,but it annoyed me a bit ,and after i check it the motherboard for sure

so i thinking i should buy a new motherboard but ,i can't decide if i should buy new motherboard or upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 which should be improvements to my current build ,idk i can't decide ,so any thoughts on that will be great ,and thank.
I don't know where you are located and what currency you use, but if you are willing to buy used, you can get a cheap but still good quality B75 or Z77 chipset board for $30-60. Some websites have new board for under $70.

The i7 3770 is still decent for gaming at 1080p with 60-100fps, but you should upgrade if you can afford to.