Question i7 3770 to Ryzen 5 3600

Oct 31, 2019
Hello, I have recently received a nice amount of cash and I think if it pays to exchange something on my computer for the moment.

Current set:
Deus G1 600W
GTX 1070 msi aero
GA-B75-D3V
i7 3770
12GB ram 1333mhz
SSD Intel 128 GB

I play Total War: Warhammer 2, lol, etc.

Is it worth exchanging something from this set up, I would definitely like to change the SSD to a larger one, but this is not included in the price of the set.
I thought more about: proc + disc + frame.
If so, what would be the more or less performance increase in%?

Greetings.

Oct 24, 2019
You will have to change Your Mobo for ryzen, Rams, and ofcourse processor Your power supply is decent enough and graphic card will serve you long if you only play total war

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

InvalidError

Titan
I'd start with ditching your seemingly no-name PSU for a decent quality one.

DRAM is pretty affordable right now, you may want to look around for 16GB of DDR3-1600. Could give you a 10-20% boost in 1% lows.

As baka wrote, how much of a "% upgrade" you'd get would depend heavily on what the "etc." games are. Aside from the handful of newest games that scale past 4C8T, expect gains to be anemic.

I'd wait for the 4000-series Ryzen or for the 3700 to get cheaper.

rodrigoxm49

Great
Oct 13, 2019
Hello, I have recently received a nice amount of cash and I think if it pays to exchange something on my computer for the moment.

Current set:
Deus G1 600W
GTX 1070 msi aero
GA-B75-D3V
i7 3770
12GB ram 1333mhz
SSD Intel 128 GB

I play Total War: Warhammer 2, lol, etc.

Is it worth exchanging something from this set up, I would definitely like to change the SSD to a larger one, but this is not included in the price of the set.
I thought more about: proc + disc + frame.
If so, what would be the more or less performance increase in%?

Greetings.

Two things need to be mentioned here. You have a 3770 working at base clock and really slow memories. That said, you definitelly would have a boost on CPU demanding games. A 3770k@4.5Ghz + 2133Mhz DDR3? It would be a very different story.

When I change my old 1333Mhz to 2133Mhz modules, I had a 20% better minimum frames on CPU demanding games like Hitman, F1 2018, Quantum Break and many others. The CPU was a 2500k@4.4Ghz at the time.

I'm not saying that you should change your memories instead update your entire system. I'm just showing whats happened to me and what you need to be aware. Looks like you're not a Triple A game guy, right? You're probably having at least 100FPS on TW, doesnt you? Do you need more frames?

The benefits on this upgrade would be noticed much better on AAA games.

That's my 50 cents here.

That CPU is still capable enough. I'd get a kit of fast Ddr3 16GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and a good PSU. But if you can afford it then yes an upgrade to the 3600 would be worthwhile. But no way would I build a new system like that without a new and much better quality PSU. Even really a Ryzen 5 2600 would be a good upgrade and it's about half the price of the 3600.

I wouldn't waste the money on memory faster than DDR3 1600 with 9-9-9-24 timings. I bought a DDR3 2400 2x8GB kit for my i7-2600k oc'ed running 2133 CL10 and later for my i7- 4770S which wouldn't run stably past 2133mhz at CL10 1.6v when it was rated for 2400 CL11 1.65v. At 2400 it needed CL13 at 1.65v before it would stop having wonky issues like programs not starting properly. It wasn't worth the $50 I spent on it as I only gained around 10% fps in some of the stuff I bought it for.

I agree with everyone here, for Warhammer 2 and LoL, theres no need to upgrade your CPU at all.

The memory could really use an upgrade, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 with low timmings and dual channel should give you a decent bump in FPS, but you wll be buying obsolete tech, not sure its worth it if your games run fine they way your system is today.

And yeah it will be great to kow what the "etc games" looks like.

If the "etc games" are newer titles that rely on higher core count cpus like BF5, SOTR, Hitman 2, AC Odyssey, The Division 2, etc., then yeah that Ryzen 5 3600 becomes a great upgrade option!

InvalidError

Titan
I think if you have a nice amount of cash an upgrade to Ryzen 3600 would be a good use of it. I really don't think anyone coming from a 3770(k) would look back after that upgrade and regret doing it as the 3600 is a great performing chip for the money.
Depends on expectations. LoL for example already hits ~140 FPS on an i3-3220, going any higher won't make much of a difference without a 200+Hz monitor which is itself a subtle improvement over 120-144Hz. The Ryzen upgrade may end up disappointing due to negligible perceivable net performance improvement in this particular case.

Reactions: RodroX