I7 3770k Voltage resistance?

Sep 26, 2018
What I mean is that my cpu is very voltage resistant and at 4.1ghz i can run it at 1.185v but to get to 4.2ghz it needs 1.272v to run without blue screening. This is a problem for me as i do not have a good cooler but i have seen people get 4.4ghz at 1.240v. Is my cpu a bad silicon lottery or is it too old? My cpu runs at 40c idle at 4.1ghz and 65c on load but at 4.2ghz it runs at 95c load and 40c idle.

Solution

You should be getting lower temps with that cooler.
I'd check the following things:

- Fan: check RPM, dust, correct air flow direction, BIOS/software limiting rotation speed
- Radiator: dust
- CPU: check block attachment and thermal paste

Good Luck
Sep 27, 2018
DO NOT try to overclock without decent cooling.
Anyway, your voltages seems ok to me, every cpu is different. My 3770k runs at 4.5 ghz with 1.35V, temps rise to 80-82c in stress tests but rarely over 65c in real usage.

That's a very good cooler, so your CPU may have hit its OC ceiling potential.
If you haven't tried, increase the fan speed to dissipate the heat.
Just make sure the heatsink is seated properly and that the water pump is working properly.

Sep 27, 2018

You should be getting lower temps with that cooler.
I'd check the following things:

- Fan: check RPM, dust, correct air flow direction, BIOS/software limiting rotation speed
- Radiator: dust
- CPU: check block attachment and thermal paste

Good Luck

Solution
Sep 26, 2018
Seems that i needed to change the thermal paste. It seemed to have cracked which isn't that good but now im back at 70c on 4.1ghz and my fluid is more hotter. I might want to put the pump speed higher next time also as i have noticed that it can lower max temps with my cpu.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
MERGED QUESTION
Question from borderlandskid00 : "I7 3770k voltage resistant past 4.1ghz"