Question I7 3770K vs I7 3770

Dec 19, 2019
I disagree. There is a difference in performance, although small. The K has higher base clock and is better binned. I don't know what currency OP is talking about, but the difference in price isn't worth the the performance gain unless they're going to be overclocking
Czech Crown

Remeca

Reputable
So you're looking at $120 for the non K, and $170 for the K. I'd have a hard time recommending anyone spend that much on just a CPU that old, in either case. If you're using an i3 or i5 and really want that extra performance, and you can't wait and save up for a complete new cpu/ram/mobo, either one would be a step up. Don't spend the extra for the K though unless you're going to overclock. Also make sure your current cooler is sufficient to handle an I7, especially if you're going to be overclocking.

Dec 19, 2019
So you're looking at $120 for the non K, and $170 for the K. I'd have a hard time recommending anyone spend that much on just a CPU that old, in either case. If you're using an i3 or i5 and really want that extra performance, and you can't wait and save up for a complete new cpu/ram/mobo, either one would be a step up. Don't spend the extra for the K though unless you're going to overclock. Also make sure your current cooler is sufficient to handle an I7, especially if you're going to be overclocking.
Now i have I5 3570K Stock

Remeca

Reputable
That's still a competent CPU, I don't think an I7 is the best use of funds in your situation, you're only looking at about a 20% increase in performance, in multithreaded applications. That i5 should hold you out until you can save up enough for a Ryzen system or something that will give you a much larger performance gain for not much more, especially in the used market.

Dec 19, 2019
That's still a competent CPU, I don't think an I7 is the best use of funds in your situation, you're only looking at about a 20% increase in performance, in multithreaded applications. That i5 should hold you out until you can save up enough for a Ryzen system or something that will give you a much larger performance gain for not much more, especially in the used market.
Full AMD set is about 215€

I disagree. There is a difference in performance, although small. The K has higher base clock and is better binned. I don't know what currency OP is talking about, but the difference in price isn't worth the the performance gain unless they're going to be overclocking
There isn't any difference between those particular CPUs the OP mentioned.
There is differences in performance in some other K an non-K CPUs counterpart since their clock speeds differ.
There is just 100MHz difference with the same TDP and that doesn't even make a difference in benchmarks let alone in real world scenarios.
You might see a difference on the 6700 and 6700K for example, where the Non-K has 3.40 GHz stock with 4.0 GHz Turbo Frequency (65W) and the K 4.00 GHz stock Turbo Frequency 4.20 GHz (91W)
That will be a 600MHz and 26W higher and that will yield a bit of performance most seen on benchmarks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
While I am a fan of the 3770K and I got a long life from the 3770K in my main rig, I'd be hard-pressed to consider it worth the money to jump to a 3770/3770K when you already have a 3570K. Especially considering you have the ability to overclock your 3570K a bit as well. The money will be better used to save up towards a more significant platform update.

Since you have Z77 mobo, you can go up high 4.1 ghz on all cores with the non K i7 3770. So the K doesn't really worth the extra money. I have gone far higher at 4.4 all core with my non K but i don't recommend it to anyone cause i ve tweaked base clock speeds and it took me large effort to make it stable.
I agree with the rest of the guys, better save up and go to a fresh platform.