I7-4610m running very hot at load

waterbender

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
My laptop runs very hot at full load and crosses the 80C mark . It is also very jumpy in temperature. I this normal for i7-4610m CPU ?
Here are the images showing the temperature graph in Speccy :
http://imgur.com/a/U7Uqj

the temperature rises very rapidly and drops slowly once load is reduced. Do others have similar experience or something in not right with my system. I have cleaned the fan and vents and also have the laptop on a docking station which raises the laptop a bit so airflow is fine. Comments appreciated.

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Totally normal for a laptop.

As long as you don't exceed 90 degrees you will be fine. The spikes in temperatures are also normal, the CPU cores can change tens of degrees in temperature in a matter of milliseconds.

I had a laptop which would regularly run at 100 degrees while playing games and that lasted for 6 years aha. Only had to replace it because the casing cracked where I dropped it...

waterbender

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

Thank you for the comments , it feels reassuring that the laptop is working within reasonable parameters . But i did have the doubt about the way the temperature jumps. I have another identical laptop with I5-4200M and the temps never go past 70C even on 100% load using Prime95 heat test. Both are dual core CPU's so it is reasonable to expect similar temperature patterns . But it seems that's not the case.