Question i7 4720HQ goes under base speed.

May 28, 2019
My laptop that i have goes under base clock speed when under load like playing cs or fortnite or just any other game.

It normally goes at 3.68Ghz when im not using the pc. And around 2.20 or 1.9 when gaming.

The base clock speed is 2.60 Ghz

May 28, 2019
Could be thermal throtteling. I would monitor my cpu temps under load. If they are 90c and above I would start with cleaning the dust out and getting a coolpad of some sort.
I think your right. I just downloaded Intel XTU and it said my cpu was thermal throttleling. I do not like to spend money on cooling pads as they are not convenient to bring around. I do think there is alot of dust in it. May i know how to clean my laptop? Do i just take out the screws and use a vaccum cleaner to suck up the dust? Or must i really use money.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Some notebooks are easier to open and clean than others. Maybe look in the manual or an online guide for your specific model, regarding which screws are really necessary to remove the bottom panel. I would then use a can of compressed air.

Intel XTU allows for undervolting the cpu to reduce TDP. Maybe look for a guide on youtube. Basically you can use the vcore offset slider and reduce the voltage in small steps until your system gets unstable. On my notebook I work with -130 mV offset on a 6700U (i believe it is "u")

May 28, 2019
Some notebooks are easier to open and clean than others. Maybe look in the manual or an online guide for your specific model, regarding which screws are really necessary to remove the bottom panel. I would then use a can of compressed air.

Intel XTU allows for undervolting the cpu to reduce TDP. Maybe look for a guide on youtube. Basically you can use the vcore offset slider and reduce the voltage in small steps until your system gets unstable. On my notebook I work with -130 mV offset on a 6700U (i believe it is "u")
I have under volted my laptop to 55V. The temps are around 88 degrees when playing csgo on low settings.
and 92 when playing fortnite on low settings.