i7 4720HQ Temperatures

Feb 3, 2014
Hello,
I've got an asus laptop with i7 4720hq, gtx 950m and 9 gigs of ram.

When playing the division for example on low settings and lower resolution i get max temps at 90 degrees C, when i check the monitor i have something around 60 70 and idle temps of 35-40.

Are these temps ok ? Should i do something to take care better of my laptop?

I have a cooler and i don't play in bed. The cooler is a cheap one but it pushes air in the intake under the laptop.

Ty

Solution
Max temp for the CPU seems to be 100c so you're under that which is good. From various forum posts it seems 90c isn't uncommon for Asus laptops running that CPU. Sounds like you're making sure it gets some air flow, so you're in the right direction. You could try a better cooler, and if its been in use for a long while you could try reapplying thermal compound and see if that helps with temps at all. Provided you're ok with doing a tear down on the laptop that is.
Max temp for the CPU seems to be 100c so you're under that which is good. From various forum posts it seems 90c isn't uncommon for Asus laptops running that CPU. Sounds like you're making sure it gets some air flow, so you're in the right direction. You could try a better cooler, and if its been in use for a long while you could try reapplying thermal compound and see if that helps with temps at all. Provided you're ok with doing a tear down on the laptop that is.

Solution