Question i7 4770 non k bottleneck with rtx 2060

Jun 4, 2019
I want to purchase a gpu. I think rtx 2060 is best gpu for my budget but i want to know that my cpu i7 4770 nonk bottlenecks the rtx 2060. If it bottleneck which is the best gpu i can purchase for my i7 4770 nonk. I want to play all games at 1080p resolution not more than that. Please belp me guys.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
1 - Throw the word "bottleneck" out of your vocabulary, as the word is badly misused/misinterpreted. It is impossible to lose performance when upgrading to a more powerful video card. Ignore bottleneck-calculator sites, they are worse than useless.

2 - I will say that for max details at 1080p, assuming your monitor maxes out at 60Hz (thus, can't smoothly display more than 60fps), then the rtx 2060 is overkill, and a GTX 1660Ti, or possibly even a GTX 1660, will be more than sufficient, while saving you some money. If your monitor is a higher refresh rate, and you want the higher FPS that such a refresh rate allows, then I'd have to recalculate a little.

1 - Throw the word "bottleneck" out of your vocabulary, as the word is badly misused/misinterpreted. It is impossible to lose performance when upgrading to a more powerful video card.

I disagree. When buying a more powerful video card you need to be mindful of the performance of your system and the performance you can expect to get out of the card you are installing into it. If you buy an RTX 2060 and your CPU can only drive a GTX 1060 then you are throwing money away. Sure, if you are upgrading from a GTX 750Ti, you are going to gain a lot of performance going to the RTX 2060, but if the performance you end up with is on par with the GTX 1060, then you have wasted $150, which is just stupid. A CPU bottleneck is no joke.

A GPU bottleneck is kind of a joke. There is nothing wrong with having more CPU than GPU because there are other things you can use those additional CPU resources for.

As for the 4770 with the 2060, yeah you are going to max out that 4770 in most cases. I'd suggest something like the GTX 1660Ti, unless you really want RTX in one of the (what is it? 5 or 6?" games that actually support it at this point. Unless you feel like you really want the RTX, you'll be plenty happy with the 1660Ti. It is near the performance of the 2060 in a lot of games and for giving up RTX you get $60 in your pocket. The 4770 and GTX 1660Ti is going to be a balanced system in a lot of cases.

I want to purchase a gpu. I think rtx 2060 is best gpu for my budget but i want to know that my cpu i7 4770 nonk bottlenecks the rtx 2060. If it bottleneck which is the best gpu i can purchase for my i7 4770 nonk. I want to play all games at 1080p resolution not more than that. Please belp me guys.

If you think you are a fan of Ray Tracing then rtx 2060 is absolutely what you're looking for. Forget about bottleneck, we don't use "Over Kill" word for GPUs when upgrading. An upgrade for GPU simply means future proofing so that when you get a new Rig that GPU can cover you in the future. Go ahead and enjoy RTX 2060! Also if you can then get a 1080p monitor that has more or equal to 75Hz refresh rate and 1ms gtg response time.

Reactions: Vishnuhrithikroshan