I7 4770 ram

nignog1928

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
Would like to buy new ram for my i7 4770 but dont know which one to buy, what speed or 2x8gb or 1x16gb. Atm have 3x4gb 1600mhz Would like to know what type of ram u recommend/ how fast etc. and how does the speed and ammount of rams affect pc performance.Mainly for gaming pc

yugithedestiny2030

Commendable
Jan 29, 2019
Would like to buy new ram for my i7 4770 but dont know which one to buy
Your mobo supports up to 32 GB of DDR3-1600 of RAM, so any brand would do it, though it's preferred to use the same brand if you're going for dual channel upgrade.
what speed or 2x8gb or 1x16gb.
Well, it depends. For example, if you're looking to upgrade your RAM capacity of total 16 GB, you'd better go with 2x8 GB kit. That said, if you, in the future, wanted to get the max. capacity, you'd have to go for another 2x16 GB dual kit, hence more money.
Atm have 3x4gb 1600mhz
Not sure how since your mobo seems to only support 2 channels?
Would like to know what type of ram u recommend/ how fast etc.
If you mean brand by "type" then, Corsair, Crucial or Kingston would suffice. But you may want to look for one providing heatsink, if you think your machine usually overheats.
how does the speed and ammount of rams affect pc performance.Mainly for gaming pc
Common sense says the more RAM, the more performance but that's not entirely true. It surely would help if you're doing a lot of multi-tasking but in gaming, and after certain point, the improvement won't be that much (like 10% boost of fps or so) unless the game requires that much RAM. You can check yourself some comparisons here