[SOLVED] i7-4770k not booting into Windows.

mathiasml

Commendable
Dec 4, 2018
Hello, so recently I had my old system hanging around and I wanted to set it up with a new SSD and then sell it!

After installing OS from an USB-stick in UEFI mode on an Crucial BX500 250 GB it doesn't wanna boot back into Windows!

I've tried to manually boot into both the Windows Boot Manager which then just shows a blackscreen, but I can see my keyboards led turning on and off a few times which then lands it in the Windows troubleshooting. One thing I remember in my last reinstallation attempt was that after I had installed Windows and booted again it said "Select partion" or something to boot on and it just selected it self and I haven't seen it since.

And now to get back to the manual boot. If I try to just boot into the SSD without the Windows Boot Manager nothing happens. Just a pure blackscreen with the line blinking.

My system:
- i7-4770k
- ASUS Maximus VI
- Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
- Crucial BX500 250 GB
- Corsair CX850M
- Random 700-800 GB HDD
- Corsair H100i
- GTX 780

Hope someone can help me out with this because I'm really frustated about this problem.

you need to reinstall windows with just the SSD installed. When you left the old HDD in and did the install it saw that there was already a boot manager there and used it instead of installing a new one on the SSD.

When you pulled the HDD out it no longer has a boot manager to tell the bios where the OS is.

mathiasml

Commendable
Dec 4, 2018

This still doesn't fix it. It's just loading and then it turns to a blackscreen and I can see my keyboard turning on and off three times and then I end up in the troubleshooting menu. Could it be a dead GPU since it's quite old?

TRENDING THREADS