I7 4770k or SLI EVGA SC ACX 770?

Jagyir

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I like FPS (first person shooter or frames, take your pick :D), but I also like to do CPU intensive tasks, editing, 3d rendering, etc.. But the computer I have now is pretty decent .(http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jagyir/saved/38UV)
I also want to get into the video making scene, I don't care if I would get far, I would do it for the love of doing it. With that said, I already get a solid 60+ fps in BF4 whilst recording with fraps on ultra. So SLI or a new CPU? OR get a Blue Yeti, because I really do need a new mic. This was a weird post, but any opinions would be helpful.

jb6684

Distinguished
You'll pick up more FPS by adding a second graphics card close to 50%....

You'll pick up less with a CPU, 5--10% (best case). Was that partspicker you current build??? (hey, if you have a 4770K, there really isn't any upgrade path for you to take on CPU side. You could go for a i7-4960X, but that would only help if your applications can take advantage of the extra cores. If not, you'll see essentially zero improvement, actually the New CPU would be slower on many tests (according to the reviews)

Jagyir

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

Alright thanks, and yes that is my current build, I would like to keep my MOBO the same IF I did get another CPU, so there isn't much more I could do with my chipset. But I'm leaning towards the SLI at this point. But I'd end up getting a new mic before that I would imagine.

Jagyir

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

Alright, yeah, I was thinking the 770 almost the entire time, I just started reading about the hardware with the I7, that's what made me ask.