Question i7 4790 Is it overheating?

Jun 15, 2019
Hello there.

So yesterday I was playing with my friends with overwatch. I usually have like 100 fps in the game on the highest settings, but the game started freezing when someone casted their utimates, or when there were a bigger teamfight. The case was super hot so i checked the temp with msi afterburner.

While idle: 40-45 C
Cs:Go: 70-80 C
Overwatch 70-85 (It reaches 85 very rarely)

Today I started playing Apex Legends, and the results were similiar to these....

In my room there's 32 C at the moment.

Specs: MSI GTX 1060 6gb
I7 4790 (stock ventis)
Zalman z1 neo (stock ventis)
and 8 gb ddr3

Is this normal, or should I repaste it? ( When I touch the case, its super hot nearly burining )

if the case is hot the you need better airflow, repasting will do nothing. However those temps aren't bad. 2 fans in at the front, 1 fan out at the back/top. The stock cooler can be replaced with a much better one, but the fact that your case is getting hot is indicative of airflow issues.

Jun 15, 2019
None of those temps would cause any throttling. While 85c is high, it wouldn't cause these freezes.
You could try dusting the pc and repasting the cpu to lower temps.
None of those temps would cause any throttling. While 85c is high, it wouldn't cause these freezes.
You could try dusting the pc and repasting the cpu to lower temps.

I've got the graphics card a month ago, then was the last time the machine was cleaned, what do you think, will it hold up for the end of the summer? Is it a problem, that the case is hot?

Your temperatures are not out of line, particularly with ambient temperature of 32c.
If you are throttling, it is usually because of heat.
When you run at a lower throttled multiplier, all will look good.
You need to see what the multiplier is when you start running slow.
CPU-Z will give you an instant reading.

Do clean out dust from your parts.
Verify that all case fans are spinning and sending airflow in the direction you want it to.

Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If this helps, look to case cooling solutions.

Jun 15, 2019
Your temperatures are not out of line, particularly with ambient temperature of 32c.
If you are throttling, it is usually because of heat.
When you run at a lower throttled multiplier, all will look good.
You need to see what the multiplier is when you start running slow.
CPU-Z will give you an instant reading.

Do clean out dust from your parts.
Verify that all case fans are spinning and sending airflow in the direction you want it to.

Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If this helps, look to case cooling solutions.
Hey, I think I found the problem. The Cpu fan is looking in the wrong way, thats why the right corner of the case is hot I think.