i7 4790(non K) BOTTLENECKS My Gtx 1070 G1

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
So I've read here in the comments that this CPU should not at all be affecting my graphic cards performance..But it does.

CPU Usage in intensive games like Hitman, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 5 etc.. is close to 100% while the gpus is rarely 99 like its suposed to be..

I dont rememeber there being this Bottleneck before i gave it to a lab to install more 2 more HDD and a new cpu fan
What could have happened?

I would really appreciate any help from you guys!
Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

herrwizo

Illustrious
The new CPU fan (or entire cooler, depending what you use) might be limiting the performance of your CPU. If it overheats, it cannot reach rated frequencies, let alone turbo. Measure your CPU temps while gaming and report them back here.

Daniel_124

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Hey!!
I really appreciate your help and assistance, but its not the heat..The first pc lab Ive sent my computer to kinda f**ked up and did very moronic things to my pc which caused my cpu to reach degrees of 100c at cpu intensive moments, the second lab (that of a close friend's) dealt with everything(including inside cables) and now temperatures are never higher than 60c in games and in lower 30s while idle..

What else could be the reason for the bottleneck?

I made sure that my cpu clock is indeed how its supposed to be and not lower in bios and in msi afterburner- it was fine, also had riva tuner in game display usage and temps and indeed in the games ive stated (DOOM also) it was reaching almost 100% while temps were low..

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS