gaboobaggabo672

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
I have a I7-4790 3.6 boost to 4.0 one core turbo, and i have it bclk oc at 4.0 stable all core turbo now, but the performance inst matching videos online on youtube heres a refrence,
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQdc4eAcumk&t=339s
i cant get near the fps shown in this video even at this overclock, and other videos show that its preformance should look like this, soo am i doing something wrong? The main game im talking about is assassin's creed odyssey im getting 40-60 fps max even at its lowest settings and resoulution to force a cpu bottleneck, same fps at med-high settings.

Pc specs:
i7-4790 oc at 4.0
16gb 1600 mhz dual channel ram
120gb ssd
1 tb hdd
rx 580 saphire pusle 4gb small oc,

Solution
I have a I7-4790 3.6 boost to 4.0 one core turbo, and i have it bclk oc at 4.0 stable all core turbo now, but the performance inst matching videos online on youtube heres a refrence,
i cant get near the fps shown in this video even at this overclock, and other videos show that its preformance should look like this, soo am i doing something wrong? The main game im talking about is assassin's creed odyssey im getting 40-60 fps max even at its lowest settings and resoulution to force a cpu bottleneck, same fps at med-high settings.

Pc specs:
i7-4790 oc at 4.0
120gb ssd
1 tb hdd
rx 580 saphire pusle 4gb...
Well your first problem is that the RX 580 is considerably slower than the RTX 2060, so you're going to get lower performance than this guy no matter what. Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is running faster RAM than 1600MHz. By the time the 4790 was out higher speed DDR3 was more readily available and RAM speed can be a major factor in some CPU heavy titles like Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Reactions: gaboobaggabo672
Never trust Youtube videos. Most are bogus.
There are so many ways/options to get higher numbers on benchmarks.
You can set all graphics setting in game to max/ultra then override them in Nvidia control panel to lower settings for higher frame rates/scores.
Also a fresh install of windows will always score better than one that is weeks/months old.
Run a benchmark on your machine and compare it to similar systems online.
3DMark/
Cinebench
Sisoft Sandra

Pc specs:
i7-4790 oc at 4.0
120gb ssd
1 tb hdd
rx 580 saphire pusle 4gb small oc,
The numbers on the 3770 in the video are about right considering the GPU. I know for Witcher 3 and Far Cry New Dawn, they are right about where they should be. I had slightly better minimum fps (33) but lower max (38) at 4k res (using Nvidia DSR) on my i7-2600K oc'ed with my GTX 1070 in Witcher 3. Far Cry ND was slightly worse, but that is likely because my 1070 is slower than the RTX 2060. The 1080p numbers are also mostly better, because of the faster RTX 2060.

Solution

gaboobaggabo672

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
Ty for the replies guys.
In cb15 i get 800 score at 4.0 GHz, in games the cpu is sitting at 30-40 % usage (in most games) but in ac the usage is around 70-80% and i know that my gpu is a lot slower that the 2060 but thats why i lowered the settings to the lowest to force a cpu bottleneck,I know the game is very unoptimized, and even worse for AMD gpus, so regarding the preformance it might be to the low speed ram and that i have mismathced ram,(2x4 gb hyperx fury at 1600) and 2 other kingston at 1600 aswell if i try to overclock the ram will i se a preformance uplift? I have seen videos and posts on forums that it might help but idk that my pc will be stable.

Ty for the replies guys.
In cb15 i get 800 score at 4.0 GHz, in games the cpu is sitting at 30-40 % usage (in most games) but in ac the usage is around 70-80% and i know that my gpu is a lot slower that the 2060 but thats why i lowered the settings to the lowest to force a cpu bottleneck,I know the game is very unoptimized, and even worse for AMD gpus, so regarding the preformance it might be to the low speed ram and that i have mismathced ram,(2x4 gb hyperx fury at 1600) and 2 other kingston at 1600 aswell if i try to overclock the ram will i se a preformance uplift? I have seen videos and posts on forums that it might help but idk that my pc will be stable.
You can oc the ram, but you are not likely to see much more than 5-7 fps maximum at 1866-2133 from 1600. You will have to run 1.6v for 2133 if you can even make it stable. Edit - Also, you never mentioned what motherboard you have. You will need a Z series board to overclock your ram.

Last edited:

gaboobaggabo672

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
You can oc the ram, but you are not likely to see much more than 5-7 fps maximum at 1866-2133 from 1600. You will have to run 1.6v for 2133 if you can even make it stable. Edit - Also, you never mentioned what motherboard you have. You will need a Z series board to overclock your ram.
Yes i have a asus z87-k, previously a z97-hd3 gigabyte board. Thats how i have it bclk oc at 4.0 ghz all cores.
I got the z87 for better oc and to try to turbo lock the cpu at 4.0 wich didnt work but the bclk is more stable.