Question i7 4790k 100c bsod in middle of game

Mar 25, 2019
i have antec h2o 1250 water cooler with i7 4790k 4.6 voltage 1.280 its was stable but after 2 years its goes to 74C-100C Load some games cause bsod after 100% Load cpu do i need change my thermal paste ? i bought CoolLaboratory Liquid Ultra and i was thinking change to air cooler like Thermalright LE GRAND MACHO RT will it fix my bsod and high heat in my cpu? sorry for my bad english

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I would be more inclined to think the pump quit working. Even old dry TIM shouldn't spike like that. And it doesn't sound like it has been in use long enough to even get dried out. Can you check the pump RPM? From what I've found, the pump(s) should be ~2400 RPM.

Mar 25, 2019
N56rCey.png

500-800 rpm after running game 100 cpu usage its goes to 71-100 and sometime bsod

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Check your BIOS to see if the fan header your pump is plugged into has gotten reset so that Q-Fan or whatever it is called is on. Disable any fan control so that the header is always at full speed.

Which of the above fan headers is the unit's fans plugged into? It seems that the pump is running too slow and not speeding up when needed.