i7-4790k heating 103degree Celsius

satisachandra

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
Hi guys
I am having asus maximus formula 6 mb with 8*4 1600mhz ram and i7 -4790k processor with cooler master seidon 120 water cooler
My motherboard shows my cpu is 103 degree Celsius...my processor is not overcloacked by mb,my processor is not hot when i touch it ....i applied the thermal paste in all ways and checked it ...but the temperature is above 80 degrees even in bios ...when i enter to my os by ignoring temp monitor in mb ...i can use my pc normally but the real temp shows 92-100 degree Celsius.....when i try to play games i get blue screens ...please help me with the problem ...

Solution
I don't think your temperature sensor on your motherboard is bad because you are getting blue screens which indicate that the processor is actually reaching those temps. It's probably a probably with your cooler. Even if your radiator fan is running, the pump that moves the liquid around might be broken.

1Reshiram12

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
I don't think your temperature sensor on your motherboard is bad because you are getting blue screens which indicate that the processor is actually reaching those temps. It's probably a probably with your cooler. Even if your radiator fan is running, the pump that moves the liquid around might be broken.

Solution