[SOLVED] i7-4790k high temperatures

Feb 10, 2019
My i7-4790k has recently been showing pretty high idle temperatures and even higher when gaming or under full load(Around 65-75c when idle and 90-100c when gaming/under full load)

I have done a lot of diagnosing and research about other people having these issues but none of these seemed to have worked for me.
I bought new thermal paste (Artic MX-4) This helped my idle temperatures by about 10c (They were at 80-85 previously now down to 65-75) but my full load is still around 90-100.

Current equipment:
Processor: i7 4790k overclocked to 4.4ghz
Cooling: Corsair H55 liquid cooling
Graphics card: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Ti
Motherboard: MSI MS-7850 / Z87-G41 PC Mate

The cooling fan on the radiator seems to be working and the one pipe on the Cooler seems to be pretty hot when touching it and the other one is cold so I'm at a wall on what to do now, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Solution
Honestly if it'll fit your case there is no better cooler than something like the noctua dh15. It's very quiet and very good.

If you're overly tied to a watercooler perhaps a h110i would be a good choice but not much if any better than the dh15
Feb 10, 2019

The radiator seems to be cold, what would be the solutions to this? Just replacing my CPU cooler or would it be better to do something else? Thanks again

Feb 10, 2019

Sorry for all the questions but do you have any suggestions on which cooler I should get? I'm on like a 150$ budget anyways so getting a higher tier liquid cooler wouldn't be much of a problem either if you suggest it

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Honestly if it'll fit your case there is no better cooler than something like the noctua dh15. It's very quiet and very good.

If you're overly tied to a watercooler perhaps a h110i would be a good choice but not much if any better than the dh15

Solution

TRENDING THREADS