i7-4790k running very hot

Zerogravittyy

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Hi,

So i've recently noticed high temps on my cpu and i'm looking for help on how to fix it.

Just using chrome my cpu temps are between 50-60c and while running h1z1 my temps hit 100c, i closed out when i noticed how high it was getting.

Screenshot of temps/watts
https://puu.sh/rEWaH/a8286e6b5b.png

Using corsair h80i to cool, have 2 fans on radiator and 1 in front of case.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/10/2016, 21:40:56
Machine name: BSOD
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.160802-1857)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: 3003
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 970

Zerogravittyy

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

So i opened up my case and this is what my blocks paste looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/AIePq

Is that normal looking or no? i put it together in late 2014 and havent looked at that since.

Also im not sure how to install it wrong? i just watched the corsair video and that's it, is there a specific thing i could be doing wrong ?

How much thermal paste is left on the CPU?

You can always try putting on some new paste, reinstalling, and monitoring temps again.

But my bet is on a broken cooler if this is something new. Did you ever monitor the temps after you completed your build or any other time (just for a baseline comparison)?

Zerogravittyy

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

I don't know how to tell how much is left other than what is on the pictures.

This was just something i did on a whim a few hours ago, my room was hot so i wondered how my temps were doing and freaked when i saw how high they were. I've cooled my room off and my idle is still at about 60C.

Unfortunately i do not have anything to compare to temp wise.

Is there a way for me to tell if the cooler is broken aside from vibration/humming ?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from Zerogravittyy : "Hot CPU temps"

The paste looks normal. Are you overclocking? What is your vcore? It's quite possible the pump or motherboard header has failed.

Zerogravittyy

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

stock clocking, vcore is 0.928

Tried taking it out and ensuring is was mounted/screwed properly and still getting same temps.

TRENDING THREADS