i7 4790k with Hyper 212 LED Temps?

Mazhar Malim

Honorable
Mar 22, 2015
I recently bought the Hyper 212 LED cooler for my cpu and i wanted to know if my idle and load temps are alright.
According to RealTemp, at idle my temps are around 30-34C (ambient is 27C) and i used Intel XTU for cpu stress test, i run the test for 2 mins and my load temps were 70-72C.
Also while gaming I tested GTA 5 where the temps were around 50-60 most of the time and sometimes spiked to 68C. In CS:GO the temps were similar (vsync off) without spikes.
Is there any reason to be concerned?
(P.S My cpu is stock with turbo boost on and max core voltage of 1.263 at 4.4GHz)

Solution
3-7'C above ambient and the rest of the temps sound fine - given the 212 is very much a "budget" offering.

I would suggest running your stress test for a longer period though. While air normalizes much quicker than liquid.... 2 minutes still seems really short to me.
You're not going to see a substantial jump in temps by letting it run longer, but I'd anticipate 75'C is more likely over time.

Max recommended would be 85'C, and the tjMaxx for a 4790K is 100'C.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

Your ambient is a solid 5'C above the "norm" though, so if you're doing any direct comparisons with other peoples results - remember to keep that in mind.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
3-7'C above ambient and the rest of the temps sound fine - given the 212 is very much a "budget" offering.

I would suggest running your stress test for a longer period though. While air normalizes much quicker than liquid.... 2 minutes still seems really short to me.
You're not going to see a substantial jump in temps by letting it run longer, but I'd anticipate 75'C is more likely over time.

Max recommended would be 85'C, and the tjMaxx for a 4790K is 100'C.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

Your ambient is a solid 5'C above the "norm" though, so if you're doing any direct comparisons with other peoples results - remember to keep that in mind.

Solution
Not to worry, you are good.

Your temperatures are excellent if accurate.
Any cooler should show 10-15c. over ambient at idle; yours seems better than that.

The cpu will throttle or shut off if it detects a dangerous temperature. That is around 100c.