[SOLVED] i7 4820k cpu with a PCIe 4.0 GPU, what issues will the CPU experience?

Jul 10, 2020
I am planning on getting RTX 3080 to run 4k games.

But as you know those new cards are PCIe 4.0, and im running on a fairly old CPU like 4820k

was wondering what issues will i experience if i equip a RTX 3000 GPU on this cpu? besides bottleneck ofc

Solution

But as you know those new cards are PCIe 4.0, and im running on a fairly old CPU like 4820k

was wondering what issues will i experience if i equip a RTX 3000 GPU on this cpu? besides bottleneck ofc

Usually 4K gaming should be more of a GPU bound scenario. Im guessing your 4820K, if overclocked should be enough for now.

If you can, I would really wait for reviews to find out. As soon as they are available read and watch as many of them as you can: Tom's Hardware, Guru3D, Anandtech, Hardware Unboxed, Gamer Nexus are just some of the best places to answer the question you are asking now.

Usually 4K gaming should be more of a GPU bound scenario. Im guessing your 4820K, if overclocked should be enough for now.

If you can, I would really wait for reviews to find out. As soon as they are available read and watch as many of them as you can: Tom's Hardware, Guru3D, Anandtech, Hardware Unboxed, Gamer Nexus are just some of the best places to answer the question you are asking now.

Reactions: mammoth noel
Solution
Jul 10, 2020

Thank you!

Reactions: RodroX
Sep 7, 2020