I7 5820/GTX 1080 NOT RUNNING Rainbow Six Siege at over 144fps

Bluejax878

Prominent
May 10, 2017
I've recently built a computer and have installed all geforce drivers, direct x, etc, but while playing Rainbow six siege my computer will not run the game at over 144fps. I usually get 110fps which is unacceptable for such a high end card such as a gtx 1080. Also, I'm running at all low settings on 1080p if that helps. I would appreciate any advice on how to run the game at above 144fps at low settings. Thank you

CPU: i7 5820k
GPU: Evga GTX 1080 SC
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb
SSD: Samsung 960 256gb
PSU: 1200W
MOBO: Asus deluxe ii

Solution

did you drop the resolution down to 800x600 while graphics settings on low? If so what was the frame rate? As for why you can't constantly run 144+fps at 1080P, depending on the results at 800x600, your hitting a bottleneck. Question is, do you have a CPU bottleneck or a GPU bottleneck. Giving us the results at 800x600 will help me to answer which one it is. Regardless I highly doubt there is anything you can do with your current rig spec'd as it is to get 144+FPS for 1080P. It is extremely difficult to achieve such a high FPS in any game. Plus the higher the resolution is the harder it is to get it. 1080P is super high but it is high enough it will stop you...

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Well you could start by seeing if your CPU is capable of that frame rate. Turn down all in game setting and resolution as low as they go. What ever that frame rate is you will likely never exceed it (or by more then a couple FPS). Doing this will create a CPU based bottleneck and show your CPUs max render rate. I would not get your hopes up though. Even at 1080P trying to bust 144FPS is no easy task even with your GTX 1080. Likely you CPU is the bottleneck here but 144HZ/FPS is the very high end of gaming. Don't expect more then your hardware is capable of.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

You clearly don't get what I am saying. By lowering the resolution he can see if his GPU is the issue or his CPU is. If the CPU is the issue it won't matter how powerful his GPU is he'll never hit 144hz if his CPU won't let him. So yes I understand he doesn't want to game at 800x600. But testing at that resolution would allow him to see if his CPU can even do 144hz or better at all, ever.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
So if you crank the settings do you still get around 100? If so then this isnt even a problem... Most AAA games have trouble hitting high fps

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Deleted my post, wasnt thinking when i said that.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

did you drop the resolution down to 800x600 while graphics settings on low? If so what was the frame rate? As for why you can't constantly run 144+fps at 1080P, depending on the results at 800x600, your hitting a bottleneck. Question is, do you have a CPU bottleneck or a GPU bottleneck. Giving us the results at 800x600 will help me to answer which one it is. Regardless I highly doubt there is anything you can do with your current rig spec'd as it is to get 144+FPS for 1080P. It is extremely difficult to achieve such a high FPS in any game. Plus the higher the resolution is the harder it is to get it. 1080P is super high but it is high enough it will stop you from reaching 144+fps in many games.

Solution