i7 5820k temperature at 40C idle with Corsair h100i Gtx (rant included)

tahnik

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I really don't understand what's going on with this cooler. First of all I bought this cooler to have a silent system. Looks like that was the worst choice.

The cooler is making stupid noise. I don't know if it's with the fan or radiator but the noise is becoming unbearable. The corsair link is the most stupidest software I have ever used.

And then My idle temperature is 40C-43C. Really? with a water cooler is that all I can expect?

I'm in UK btw.

Also, with this 5820k I am only reaching 4.1 Ghz with temperature hitting over 75C. Come on people are reaching 4.4 Ghz with a Air cooler.

Can anyone help me out here?

Cynystyr

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Where is the noise coming from... the radiator, the cpu (ie. the water cooler pump), the fans.. Can't help without more information.

Did you try reseating the cooler, with fresh thermo compound? You are sure none of the mounts are stripped?

tahnik

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

Is it possible to come from pump that is mounted on the cpu? Because I have detached the radiator mount almost 3 times but I don't think the noise is coming from the radiator. The noise increases when I set the fan at full speed.

And also, it has built in compound so I didn't change it. I've tightened the screw several times. And I can't run the CPU without the cooler either so I can't understand from where exactly the noise is coming from.

Help me man :(

JWGDawg

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

Try cleaning included thermal paste of both CPU and heatsink with something like articclean 1 & 2 and use new quality paste like artic silver 5.

However, it's sounds like the noise is coming from the beginning pump. The pump shouldn't make the noise you're describing. RMA the pump?