[SOLVED] i7 6700k 32gb ram will gtx 2080 ti work well

Status
Not open for further replies.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
i want to give my pc to the kids so here is the specs.
z270x gaming 9 will gtx 2080 ti fit in it ?
i7 6700k
will it bottle neck or not

Solution
It will in some games but it will in all honesty probably be fine. The 6700K is a good CPU still although it's getting up there in age. The problem is that it's only a quad core and the quad Core CPU kind of overstayed its welcome. Some games require 6 cores/12 threads or even a bit extra. But for a kid they'll still enjoy it even if it's not getting the max fps it could possibly get in games like Battlefield V for example. As long as they're on 60hz it's a moot point anyway. This only matters for 120hz or above.
It will in some games but it will in all honesty probably be fine. The 6700K is a good CPU still although it's getting up there in age. The problem is that it's only a quad core and the quad Core CPU kind of overstayed its welcome. Some games require 6 cores/12 threads or even a bit extra. But for a kid they'll still enjoy it even if it's not getting the max fps it could possibly get in games like Battlefield V for example. As long as they're on 60hz it's a moot point anyway. This only matters for 120hz or above.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
i want to give my pc to the kids so here is the specs.
z270x gaming 9 will gtx 2080 ti fit in it ?
i7 6700k
will it bottle neck or not
Yes it will work as long as your power supply is good enough to power it and the card will fit inside the case.

If your giving it to them for gaming a 2080ti might be a bit of overkill depending on the monitor used.

You could also get lucky and get one of the RTX 3070/3080 cards being released soon.

Gynvc4

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Yes it will work as long as your power supply is good enough to power it and the card will fit inside the case.

If your giving it to them for gaming a 2080ti might be a bit of overkill depending on the monitor used.

You could also get lucky and get one of the RTX 3070/3080 cards being released soon.
4k monitor huge.
I will get that later on.
But will the psu and ram handle it.
The psu is not cheap one it's corsair modular type gold can't remember the model of it.

It's rtx 2080 ti xc ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.