Here are my specs:
i7-6700k
z170x Gigabyte gaming 5
EVGA Gtx 1070 ACX 3.0 8gb
2x Corsair 3200hz 8gb Ram
Coolermaster fan cooler for CPU
850 Evo 250gb - windows drive
860 Evo 1 TB - everything else drive

I've been having stuttering issues lately with games and tasks. Games like Overwatch and Apex Legends have these weird "micro" stutters, where every 2 seconds the game freezes for like 0.1 seconds and I get a 30-50+ fps drop, then it returns to normal until the next stutter.

My temps are somewhat ok, GPU never gets above 58-65c and my CPU is around 65-70c under load while I'm gaming.

I used to be able to play overwatch while watching a stream or video on my 2nd monitor with zero issues or frame drops. I am not sure what causes this issue, although restarting my PC seems to work temporarily.

I tried recently turning on XMP in my Bios after updating the bios, and things definitely ran smoother, but after going to sleep at night and waking up the next morning my PC wouldn't boot up. I pressed the power button and lights and fans fired up but then it powered down 2-3 seconds later. Eventually after my PC finally booted up, my bios told me that there was a boot failure and to reload the most stable settings to boot up. This obviously doesn't include XMP.

I know i7-6700k technically doesn't "support" xmp up to 3200hz, but I've seen mixed things on the internet about people finding success with certain specs or options.

2 part question - 1. Is there any way to run XMP reliably? 2. Is there anything else I can try to fix these micro stutters and possibly give me the ability to once again have a video, stream, etc up on my 2nd monitor while playing?