i7-6700k cooling issues h100i

ExplodingBones

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
I'm looking overclocking my cpu, but when I ran a stress test my temps at stock are getting upto 82C. I've made sure that the cooling block is seated right, I've re-applied thermal paste, cleared cmos, but none of it seems to be lowering my temps. My temperatures are pretty good when idle 22-25C so I'm lost. All the fans are spinning, and the pumps seems to be working not sure. I also have a pretty big case (corsair 780t) so I don't think airflow is an issue either. Any help is appreciated.

Stress testing with RealBench
Getting temperature readings with Corsair link/RealBench
Running at stock voltage of 1.280
Ambient temperature is around 23C

KirbysHammer

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016

'
That is just so strange... Excellent idle temps but those load temps are approaching the no-no zone.

ExplodingBones

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

1. The pump is at 2100 rpm
2. I've watched a lot of linus tech tips about their methods and what worked best. Did a small line down the middle.
3. It takes about a 1-2 minutes for it to happen it will get to 70C almost instantly then slowly creep up.

Sound about right.
Couple of things you could do is:
Make sure your placement of the radiator is in sutch a way that it gets fresh cold air. Not hot case air.
You took a small line of thermal paste down the middle... Makes me wonder... When you look at you cpu and read what it says on the cpu heatspreader. Do you know how the CPU die underneath the heatspreader is rotated?

But...
If you really want better temps you have to delid the cpu and remove the TIM intel uses and put in liquid metal.

Now I will say this even if I have done it myself:

Keep in mind that if you delid you have no warranty so if you mess up the CPU you get no refund or a new one.

ExplodingBones

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

While I appreciate the answer I don't think delidding is going to be the answer to my problem. Thank you though.