i7 6700K Help please.

namanhdam

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hello,
CPU: i7 6700k (Running at stock since October 2016)
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme4
PSU: EVGA 750W GQ
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Until recently my PC has been perfect with no issues but then something strange happened and it stuck. Usually I get 100+ FPS on games such as PUBG and Battlefield 1 but then the other day I hopped onto my PC after work and tried to play the Destiny 2 BETA and got 20fps average. From then on I have been getting that many frames on every other game.

I cleaned my whole PC up, no dust left in it whatsoever and did a reset. I installed all the required drivers again and tried to play PUBG again, the first 5-10 minutes of gameplay was smooth but still, it jumped back down to 20FPS. I then did a bit of troubleshooting and found out my GPU was doing what is was meant to. Then I checked my RAM, normal. Then I checked my CPU and it was running at 2.6Ghz when normally it should be at around 3.8-4.0Ghz (never overclocked).

I've done a bit of research on why the speeds could be low and I've read that it could be the temperatures are too high. The temperatures I've been getting at idle are 90-100C (CPUID HWMonitor). The cooler I use on it is a Corsair H100i. I've tried reapplying thermal paste and it hasn't helped much. Anyone know any other reasons why the clock speed is so low? Does anyone know how to fix the temperatures? Is it time to upgrade? Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
The fans will spin either way, but the pump may not be working. That could mean the fans would be blowing cold air because the pump isn't transferring the heated liquid to the radiator.

namanhdam

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
#

Yeah its working, blowing cool air at the moment.

namanhdam

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

Any way to check? or fix?