Question I7 6700k High Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2022
View: https://imgur.com/a/pS1NtVb

When it's idle and around 50% usage, temps are looking normal 40-50 and the one core at 90 goes to around 80 at weird flicker jumps every 10 seconds or so. 80-100% usage of the CPU causes weird one core temps like this and I am unsure what is causing it. I have lowered the voltage to 1.2v and turbo has been enable and removed to see any temperature different at 100% usage and I see no changes. I have cleaned the case and I have re-seated the cooler twice alongside reapplying thermal paste twice. Is it a faulty sensor or am I an idiot? (my cooler is rated for 180 watts, evo cooler master 212 black, I have done random things such as sync all cores which supposedly helps but had seen no change and it is not overclocked and yes the label on the headsink is removed)

watch Task Manager while the temperatures are spiking and see what is using the most CPU %.
if it is a particular process then that software may be malfunctioning.

it's normal to have a single core reaching higher temperatures than others but 90°C is excessively high.

include your complete system specs including case, fans & their orientation, power supply make & model, etc...

View: https://imgur.com/a/pS1NtVb

When it's idle and around 50% usage, temps are looking normal 40-50 and the one core at 90 goes to around 80 at weird flicker jumps every 10 seconds or so. 80-100% usage of the CPU causes weird one core temps like this and I am unsure what is causing it. I have lowered the voltage to 1.2v and turbo has been enable and removed to see any temperature different at 100% usage and I see no changes. I have cleaned the case and I have re-seated the cooler twice alongside reapplying thermal paste twice. Is it a faulty sensor or am I an idiot? (my cooler is rated for 180 watts, evo cooler master 212 black, I have done random things such as sync all cores which supposedly helps but had seen no change and it is not overclocked and yes the label on the headsink is removed)
I used a 6700K for years, never saw temps anywhere near that, what software are you using to check the temperature? I assume things were ok until recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.