I7-6700k hitting 1.36v on default settings

hello92

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I had it on auto but thats a little bit high to me for non OC base speeds. Im at this (http://imgur.com/aBaRYId) menu. Could anyone help me out with what settings I should adjust to get the cpu core voltage down to a more regular number?

hello92

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Thanks to both of you above^. I set it at 1.200 and its holding there. Now eventually I got to watch some tutorials on OC'ing so I can do that, but im putting that off for now.

hello92

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

Whatever the default is. I haven't OC'ed yet at least manually. I tried the asus auto OC tool but it had the vcore above 1.40 . So I ended up removing the cmos and resetting everything. But I plan on looking up a tutorial sometime soon here and learn to manually OC.

jwcrellin

Reputable
I only change 3 values when I oc the cpu. Change the cpu core voltage to 1.34V. Set the bclk to 100.2. Set the multiplier to 44. Save bios profile as OC 1. The system should boot into windows. Open cpu-z to confirm the frequency and stress it under the bench tab for a few mins while monitoring temps with core temp or a similar program. Download unigene heaven and run it thru a few times to check stablility there too.

hello92

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

Thanks will try this. Any recommendations on stress tests? Only thing I have to stress test cpu currently is cinebench. And I've heard of prime95 making core voltages increase during testing. Only other thing I can think of is aida64 or intel burn test.