Hey guys, so I just built a system for a friend including the parts:
GTX1060 6gb
Asus H110M-E
i7 2600k
Corsair h60 aio
16gb 2133 ram
EVGA 450w 80+
240gb SSD

Once booted I noticed the temps to be fluctuating rapidly, staying 30-40 then occasionally jumping up to a max of 95C. I think the cooler is alright since it comes down to around 30-40.
Next I thought about delidding the CPU, but this CPU was used from my friend who didn't have this problem.
When I looked at HWmonitor I noticed the voltages jumped to a max of 1.408V which is much too high for my liking. In the, very limited, bios I set it to manual and put the voltage to 1.19V and turned it back on. This, however, did nothing. HWMonitor still said, after a few minutes of use the voltages went up to 1.408 again. Any ideas? Is there any aftermarket software to limit the voltage?

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
GTX1060 6gb
Asus H110M-E
i7 2600k
Corsair h60 aio
16gb 2133 ram
EVGA 450w 80+
240gb SSD

Once booted I noticed the temps to be fluctuating rapidly, staying 30-40 then occasionally jumping up to a max of 95C. I think the cooler is alright since it comes down to around 30-40.
Next I thought about delidding the CPU, but this CPU was used from my friend who didn't have this problem.
When I looked at HWmonitor I noticed the voltages jumped to a max of 1.408V which is much too high for my liking. In the, very limited, bios I set it to manual and put the voltage to 1.19V and turned it back on. This, however, did nothing. HWMonitor still said, after a few minutes of use the voltages went up to 1.408 again. Any ideas? Is there any aftermarket software to limit the voltage?
Wait, is a new bild, did you installed least chipset and bios (for your cpu gen)? it can be a reading problem. I had a similar issue with my i7 7700k and a noctua nh d15... but was just the chipset version...

Apr 25, 2019
Wait, is a new bild, did you installed least chipset and bios (for your cpu gen)? it can be a reading problem. I had a similar issue with my i7 7700k and a noctua nh d15... but was just the chipset version...
I had a difficulty opening the cap files that the chipset and bios drivers came in. Sorry for the rookie mistake, I'm trying my best : )

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
I had a difficulty opening the cap files that the chipset and bios drivers came in. Sorry for the rookie mistake, I'm trying my best : )
Hei no problem, we are all lerning. So now did you managed to install chipset and bios?
Anyway, for now you don't have to worry about cpu temps, the pc won't get damaged in such short time.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
GTX1060 6gb
Asus H110M-E
i7 2600k
Corsair h60 aio
16gb 2133 ram
EVGA 450w 80+
240gb SSD

Check the thermal paste

Reactions: Mastropomodoro
Apr 25, 2019
Hei no problem, we are all lerning. So now did you managed to install chipset and bios?
Anyway, for now you don't have to worry about cpu temps, the pc won't get damaged in such short time.
I haven't managed to update either yet. After 9 solid hours working on it yesterday I just went to bed. Right now I'm attempting to use the offset mode to counteract the voltage but no matter what I type the voltage goes to 1.200 in bios and the offset reverts back to 0.200 making it crash on boot-up from a lack of power. If I go to manual mode and set it to 1.2V, it does nothing

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
I haven't managed to update either yet. After 9 solid hours working on it yesterday I just went to bed. Right now I'm attempting to use the offset mode to counteract the voltage but no matter what I type the voltage goes to 1.200 in bios and the offset reverts back to 0.200 making it crash on boot-up from a lack of power. If I go to manual mode and set it to 1.2V, it does nothing
Oook. What is the problem with the installation of the new bios?

You can use Intel extreme tuning utility to set an offset V. 1.4V is high but should be safe until 1.45, besides that, obviously there are some problems.

Last edited: