i7-6700k running at 100c during load after cleaning radiator and fans

Jan 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

My PC is from February 2016 and I recently cleaned it for the first time, as I was beginning to see the temperatures rise on my CPU to about 70 c under load. I cleaned my watercooler radiator (Corsair H115i Pro) and after booting up and stress-testing, I immediately saw a sharp increase in temperature to about 80 c under load. I first thought that I had turned the fans the wrong way around, so I reversed them. I now saw an increase to 90-100c under load. I put them back to the original position but I still see the same 90-100 c temperatures along with idling at 60-70c.

The temperatures are very spirratic so I had first come to the conclusion that it would be a connection issue between the heatsink and the CPU, so I reseated it along with reapplying thermal paste. This did not help.

My specs are
i7-6700k
H115i Pro Liquid Cooler
Asus Z170 Pro Motherboard
MSI GTX 960

All components are stock speeds.

iToDaHQ.png

This is speccy showing the temperatures of my CPU watching a 1080p 60 fps video on YouTube. The first large spike in the middle is me opening the video.

Kun9lMz.png

And this is closing that video, along with about 3 minutes of idle. I closed the video at around the middle of the graph.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jan 24, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

All fans in my case are plugged in and spinning. The fans are pumping plenty of air in and out of the case. The outgoing hose is warm while the ingoing hose is cold. This would indicate that the pump is working, right?
As for the last part, I have checked for this but found nothing. I used compressed air so I wouldn't imagine that as a possibility.