[SOLVED] i7 6700k with rtx 2080 ti xc ultra -- how will it perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
I just wanted to know how the rtx 2080 ti Xc Ultra will perform with this cpu.
Can i still get good fps 4k? or can i max out on games. what about video editing will it help.

Solution
I meant selling it to recoup your money, not returning it.

get your £550 back, or really, really close

look up on ebay it is still listed no less then 500 so i can get my money back easy if i list it.
i cannot ask for refund as the seller has posted it.

I've looked it up on eBay? And ~ £500 would be a loss to you, no?

"Listed" prices are irrelevant - take a look at what they're selling for.

The only cards in the last 24 hours that have sold for > £550 have been the liquid cooled Sea Hawk, an ROG and the MSI Trio. Couple were listed for £575 and accepted a best offer, so those might've been £550 too (+/-)...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
At 4K, gaming won't be much of a problem - as you scale up resolution, the CPU matters less (to a point, of course).

For video editing, it's going to depend on the programs/applications used*. Typically, the CPU is the most important factor - and 4c/8t in 2020 is a bit on the slow side. An overclocked 6700K is still reasonable, but I'd say it's probably a bit lacking if you're looking at video editing in a professional capacity where time = money.

*I believe DaVinci is one that can utilize the GPU heavily.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
At 4K, gaming won't be much of a problem - as you scale up resolution, the CPU matters less (to a point, of course).

For video editing, it's going to depend on the programs/applications used*. Typically, the CPU is the most important factor - and 4c/8t in 2020 is a bit on the slow side. An overclocked 6700K is still reasonable, but I'd say it's probably a bit lacking if you're looking at video editing in a professional capacity where time = money.

*I believe DaVinci is one that can utilize the GPU heavily.

adobe after effects is something i use and i am hoping it will run ok with it.
is rtx 2080 ti xc ultra worth it for £550 7 months old

bignastyid

Titan
adobe after effects is something i use and i am hoping it will run ok with it.
is rtx 2080 ti xc ultra worth it for £550 7 months old
Not with the 3070 coming out soon. If the leaks and pre release info is true you will be able to get 2080ti performance for just under 500 GBP. So 550 for a used card isn't a good deal.

Reactions: Barty1884

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
Not with the 3070 coming out soon. If the leaks and pre release info is true you will be able to get 2080ti performance for just under 500 GBP. So 550 for a used card isn't a good deal.
3070 for 500 GBP cant be.
dam.
why is it so cheap there is something about it to be that cheap.

bignastyid

Titan
3070 for 500 GBP cant be.
a gtx 980 or gtx 1080 and 1080 ti was not near 500 GBP if rtx 2080 is 1000gbp + why will they release a newer one for cheaper its like the company is saying don't buy these no more just get the 3070 for 500 save money.
Overclockers.uk has an EVGA 3070 listed for £479
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-328-ea.html
There are rumors of a 3070Ti but will likely be priced higher that the 3070 if the ti even exists.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
now that i have bought it should i resell it or what, do they do the same thing other than price difference.
if they both do the same thing i will rather just keep it but i know the 3070 is like brand new so go for that but i made mistake and purchased the 2080 ti ultra dam.
if i sell it can i make money back.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Only Nvidia's own claim is known at this time - and that the "3070 is faster than a 2080TI".
Exactly what that means, in what tasks etc, is up in the air - and with the 3070 launch not due until October, there's a bit of waiting to be done before any of us will know for sure.

People starting looking to offload their 2080TIs right after the RTX 3000 announcements last week, so unfortunately, you played right into those peoples hands.

£550 would've been a phenomenal price for a 2080TI (other than a blower) up until a couple of months ago.

IF you can move it and get your £550 back, or really, really close.... Then you might want to consider that.
HOWEVER availability is the unknown quantity.... I wouldn't be surprised if all three of the announced 3000 series GPUs are in really high demand & relatively short supply initially.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I just wanted to know how the rtx 2080 ti Xc Ultra will perform with this cpu.
Can i still get good fps 4k? or can i max out on games. what about video editing will it help.
The latest vesrion of Premiere now encodes and decodes using GPU so your exports are 600 percent faster. It will use the GPU which can do something in 2 minutes where the CPU would take 15 minutes. Your 6700k is not a bad CPU but it will max out when gaming which we don't want that means its choking and GPU will now suffer because of it. I would say if you have the CPU overclocked to at least 4.4Ghz then you can grab any video card you want and in the future when yo upgarde CPU and MOBO you will get even more FPS. I had a 4930k and my 2080 shined on that thing. The 6700k is faster per core. However says you will bottleneck the 2080Ti is perhaps talking about 1080p gaming. If you game at 4k then the burden as said above will fall on the video card. TLDR 🤷‍♂️💯

I would always suggest to buy video card because then your future proofing as future CPU and MOBO RAM upgrades will just gives you more FPS until the GPU is content with the CPU you have which is pretty much anything 2017 consumer to now for a 2080Ti. But of course if you want the most FPS the best gaming CPUs in the world are Intel and are the 10900k and 9900k and the 9900KS and 10700k. Clocks at 5Ghz or near will out due anything AMD has which is 2 CPU's the 3900x and 3950x. Yes they have more cores however the games only need about 4 cores and 8 threads usually on average and what not. 🎗👈👩‍🦲👌✝😲🚔🤷‍♀️

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
Only Nvidia's own claim is known at this time - and that the "3070 is faster than a 2080TI".
Exactly what that means, in what tasks etc, is up in the air - and with the 3070 launch not due until October, there's a bit of waiting to be done before any of us will know for sure.

People starting looking to offload their 2080TIs right after the RTX 3000 announcements last week, so unfortunately, you played right into those peoples hands.

£550 would've been a phenomenal price for a 2080TI (other than a blower) up until a couple of months ago.

IF you can move it and get your £550 back, or really, really close.... Then you might want to consider that.
HOWEVER availability is the unknown quantity.... I wouldn't be surprised if all three of the announced 3000 series GPUs are in really high demand & relatively short supply initially.
look up on ebay it is still listed no less then 500 so i can get my money back easy if i list it.

what i want to know in detail is the difference between 2080 ti xc ultra and 3070.
lets put the price to the side and talk about the specs and fps and other general in terms of how it performs whats the difference.
is the 3070 2x faster or what.

i will change the cpu and mb in future. to Intel i9 10980XE

Last edited by a moderator:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I meant selling it to recoup your money, not returning it.

get your £550 back, or really, really close

I've looked it up on eBay? And ~ £500 would be a loss to you, no?

"Listed" prices are irrelevant - take a look at what they're selling for.

The only cards in the last 24 hours that have sold for > £550 have been the liquid cooled Sea Hawk, an ROG and the MSI Trio. Couple were listed for £575 and accepted a best offer, so those might've been £550 too (+/-)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rtx+2080+ti&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I can pick out quite a few that sold for <£500, albeit not by much.
EVGA Black for £485
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVGA-Bla...696676&hash=item421ff08b80:g:-sgAAOSwAadfVmSy

MSI Duke, £490
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-GeFo...697240?hash=item523c0b6218:g:8QIAAOSw5FNfTuLY

ASUS Dual, £490
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Nvi...239770?hash=item5db10ae51a:g:1GAAAOSwwgRfTlpb

and at least one Blower design.

what i want to know in detail is the difference between 2080 ti xc ultra and 3070.
lets put the price to the side and talk about the specs and fps and other general in terms of how it performs whats the difference.
is the 3070 2x faster or what.

I'm not sure why this isn't landing.... but nobody can tell you until the card is released and independently reviewed.

Nvidia's own claim is "faster than the RTX 2080 Ti "

Is it 1% "faster" across the board? Nobody knows / If they do, they can't say
Is it 50% "faster" in certain productivity tasks? Nobody knows / If they do, they can't say
Is it 15% "faster" in terms of FPS? Nobody knows / If they do, they can't say

The cards were pitched as 'Gaming' throughout the launch event, so you can deduce they'll be "faster" in games, but they're really hammering home RTX, so may only be with RTX enabled.

Even if they're 0.1% "faster" on average, yet the price is ~35% of the launch price of the card it outperforms, that's still a huge win.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.