i7 6800k @ 5.4GHz w/ 1.28VCore

Apr 24, 2018
So, check out the title. Did I win the silicon lottery? Im at 65 degrees celcious after 30 minutes of asus realbench with a $70 corsair h60 and 5.4 GHz at 1.28 VCore. God knows what it would do on real liquid cooling. Input voltage is 1.36 and VCore is 1.28. Im kind of afraid to keep pushing? The temperature actually keeps going down as i go up 0.015 on the vcore every 0.1 GHz I go up. Is it safe to push this thing to 5.5+ GHz with safe temps and voltages around 1.3? I can't tell if something is wrong or if I won the silicon mega lottery. No crashes or anything as well. It is a Broadwell-E.

I wouldn't use RealBench for stability or thermal testing, just an indication that it's worth to continue with testing.
Anyway, i'm not sure how lucky you are. overclocked 6800K under full load can easily hit around 200w and it seems improbable for h60 to keep the cores at 65C with room temperature of 20C or more.
So what program do you use to monitor the voltages and temperatures ?

Apr 24, 2018
Im running world of warcraft as well with all maxxed graphics. I went from 4.1GHz to this new 5.4. My Core Temp 1.11 reads 43C and my fps is up by close to 20 in game. I think i got the silicon lottery.

Apr 24, 2018
I still have been pushing this cpu, my input voltage is 1.382 and vcore in 1.285 and i am stabilized at 6.0GHz.. im not even kidding. Should i have this cpu sent to intel for testing? I have the cheapest liquid cooler money can get and im stabilized 6GHz with 72C degrees as max temp on my stress tests. This thing can be pushed to 1.45 ish vcore i can actually see this thing stabilizing 7GHz. Can anyone help me on what to do with this beast cpu?

urbancamper

Distinguished
It's easy to say that you did. However without proof I find your declaration hard to believe. Show us a few hours stable on prime95. Alongside HWMonitor, showing temps, speed, and voltages.

Like I said easy to say this, without proof it's just typing on a website. I sense a troll.

urbancamper

Distinguished

More likely the user. but ya, impossible.

Apr 24, 2018

This is not a troll my friend. My email is spencer.hornqcky@gmail.com if you want to discuss logging into skyle or discord for screen share or i can video you on my phone the bios and my overclock. Ive been olaying world of warcraft for several hours straight literally at 7.0GHz no tests running my cpu over 76C

urbancamper

Distinguished
Have yet to see any proof of your supposed super chip. Unless you can show proof all your just trolling the forums. These forums are for people that have problems with their systems. They are not for people making outrageous claims just to get attention.

This is what you need to do to get ANY cpu to 7ghz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwJvHJ1hyto

Here is the world record for the i7 6800k. http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6800k/

Go peddle your crap someplace else.