I7-7500U running 48-55° degrees at idle is so worse?

kingalmadinah

Reputable
Sep 16, 2018
Hi I've HP laptop with i7-7500U but it's running 48-55 at idle I don't know if it was a normal temp or not but the fans always running and makes a lot of noise!

Any thing can help to reduce the temp in my laptop?

To be honest I live in a hot country but I've AC in my room I don't think that is problem :D

Solution
Once cannot expect desktop idle temps of 33C with a laptop, I'm sure it's fine...

You can experiment to see if it will keep clockspeeds lower (and hopefully therefor lower fan speeds) by perhaps trying Power Saver mode in WIndows power plan, but, other than that....(most HP laptops will be fine and run in spec, but, I'd you could perhaps try a CPU or RAM stress test withn Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility to see what your worst -case temps would be under a full/max load (Either of the two stress tests resulted in Prime95-similar temps within a few minutes, but, most laptops might throttle under such loads, well above what would be encountered in day to day use, short of constant rendering /Blender/Cinebench sorts of loads....)
Once cannot expect desktop idle temps of 33C with a laptop, I'm sure it's fine...

You can experiment to see if it will keep clockspeeds lower (and hopefully therefor lower fan speeds) by perhaps trying Power Saver mode in WIndows power plan, but, other than that....(most HP laptops will be fine and run in spec, but, I'd you could perhaps try a CPU or RAM stress test withn Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility to see what your worst -case temps would be under a full/max load (Either of the two stress tests resulted in Prime95-similar temps within a few minutes, but, most laptops might throttle under such loads, well above what would be encountered in day to day use, short of constant rendering /Blender/Cinebench sorts of loads....)

Solution
Those would likley be normal for many if not most laptops, of which are most often used for watching videos, surfing, etc...; very precious few are going to handle Blender-like loads without heating up, although even then, yours is not throttling.

Don;t see an issue unless games are actually stuttering and CPU overheating..which, apparently it is not/

TRENDING THREADS