[SOLVED] I7-7700 good for streamings w/ 2 monitors?

Nov 12, 2018
Hey guys, I'm looking to stream a game called CS:GO but with my current rig I can't run dual monitors

I'm currently running an I5-6500 but I'm looking to upgrade my cpu to an i7-7700.

One monitor will be 1920x1080 @ 144hz and the other will be 1600x900 @ 60hz, I'll also have chrome running in the back round and probably a few other things too.

Current specs - GTX 1050 TI / I5-6500 / 8 GB DDR4

What I'll upgrade - GTX 1050 TI / I7-7700 / 8 GB DDR4

Solution
Are you using both monitors to display the game, or only one monitor for the game and the other monitor for other applications and browser windows?

Using two monitors should have VERY minimal impact on gaming performance unless you are trying to display the game on both monitors.

Have you tried a CLEAN install of the GPU card drivers?

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*

It would also be a very good idea to update your motherboard bios version if there is a newer one available.
There is little difference between those two processors in any way that would meaningfully offer a significant increase in performance. In short, that upgrade is probably NOT worthwhile for your purposes.

Dual monitors has very, very little to do with the CPU and everything to do with the graphics card.

What EXACTLY do you mean by "can't run dual monitors"?

Nov 12, 2018

When I try to run dual monitors while streaming/playing CS:GO i start to get FPS drops in game

Are you using both monitors to display the game, or only one monitor for the game and the other monitor for other applications and browser windows?

Using two monitors should have VERY minimal impact on gaming performance unless you are trying to display the game on both monitors.

Have you tried a CLEAN install of the GPU card drivers?

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*

It would also be a very good idea to update your motherboard bios version if there is a newer one available.

Solution
Nov 12, 2018

i wasn't trying to use both to display the game, and to update those things is there specific websites I need to go to, to do those things?

also no, I haven't tried doing a clean install.

For the bios, you need to go to the product support page for your motherboard model number. Click on drivers, expand the bios section and compare what the latest available bios is to what you have installed. If yours is older then update. All motherboard manufacturers have instructions on updating their bios and there are tons of Youtube videos on how to do this.

After that, do a clean install of the GPU card drivers. Follow the instructions to the letter.