[SOLVED] i7 7700 motherboard

Nov 28, 2021
I want to upgrade my systems motherboard but not sure what to upgrade to , current pc i7 7700 , gtx 1070, 3600mhz 16gb ram, Gigabyte GA-H110M-H motherboard.
motherboard is old and feel like it might be holding back my pc, just cant find a good motherboard to upgrade to , any help would be appreciated.

Solution
With that board your ram is going to be limited to 2400 but even getting a z170 or z270 board to run the ram faster is not going to give you much of a performance boost, most definitely not one worth the cost of the board.
Nov 28, 2021
With that board your ram is going to be limited to 2400 but even getting a z170 or z270 board to run the ram faster is not going to give you much of a performance boost, most definitely not one worth the cost of the board.
So would u recommend just keeping the board until I eventually upgrade my cpu and getting a new board then ?

Ah I’m still new to all this , I seen that my ram wasn’t preforming like it was supposed to and just assumed it may have been the motherboard since my other parts seem okay.
Your motherboard can run it @2400mhz max. If you want faster speed you have to change both motherboard and RAM both. Depending on the kind of work you do on the PC it may or may not be beneficial. Here's some gaming comparison...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m692eBH2Jw
(Higher speeds than shown here might give you limited gain)