I7 7700(non k) and 970 or i5 haswell and 1060?

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
Soo i will get an upgrade in 1 week or less and i want to know if to buy an i7 7700 and keep my 970 or buy an 1060 and keep my i5? Will i bottleneck? Or i should make a little more money to buy both?

Lutfij

Titan
You mention the Haswell and Kabylake in the same sentence/post but I don't see you mentioning which boards are paired to their respective CPU. Your post is also vague because it doesn't state the Haswell i5 you're referring to nor your current system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to know that jumping onboard Kabylake will require DDR4 ram so your older DDR3 are not salvageable alongside the prerequisite for owning a B250 chipset motherboard for the Kabylake processor part.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
It will also help if you tell us what games you prefer to play and at what resolution and monitor refresh rate (Hz).

If you want to play e-Sport titles like CSGO then you may prefer high FPS, in such a situation an i7 is a better purchase. However, if you prefer AAA titles with settings maxed out it would be best to get an i5 and and put more money into the best GPU you can afford.

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017

Yes i thinked buying the RAM and motherboard thats why it costs a lot and i cant buy both(gpu and cpu). The i5 (actual) is paired to an
GIGABYTE GA-H110M-S2 but if i would buy the i7 i would have an MSI B350M GAMING PRO and i will buy 16gb of ddr4 ram too..

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017

The games i like playing the most are: battelfield 1,PUBG,CS:GO,LoL,Gta V and Dying Light but there will be more cool games coming..

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017

Umm one more question (sorry :D) if i would have an 144hz monitor i should still go with the 1060?

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Yes, but an i5 will struggle to keep up...

If I were you I would get the 1060 and then later when you purchase a better monitor you can see what sort of CPU bottleneck you will face in games. If it is serious you can upgrade the rest of your system (new CPU, MB, and RAM).