[SOLVED] I7-7700 stock intel fan. Quite loud

CosmicNinja

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
Hello, new here. I bought a pre-built (I'm not fantastic when it comes to building machines as I've never done it before. I plan to learn eventually, mind you) from ADMI on Amazon. It's an i7-7700 kaby lake (not the K, so can't overclock) with a GTX 1060 6GB. It comes with the stock intel fan and two case fans at the front (LED lighted).

I've checked temps when idle and they're around 34-35c for the CPU and about 24c for the GPU. When I'm playing a demanding game like siege, the pc is VERY loud and the temps max out at about 71c for the cpu and about 61c for the GPU. If it's a less demanding game, the cpu is at about 54c and the GPU is at 34c.

Would you guys suggest that I get a better fan or will the stock intel fan do for now until I can get a better one in the future? And would you say those temps are normal for the current setup? Just want to be safe.

It's more the noise that is annoying as the pc is quite loud. I think the fan is set to change speeds depending on how much load there is on the PC, so it can go from decent noise to very loud very quickly.

Many thanks. :)

Solution
Don't worry unless you're constantly above 85c while doing things. You might want a cooler with a larger fan though if you want something quiet. Otherwise just don't worry.

CosmicNinja

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
Th cpu throttle temp for the 7700 is 100c. So there is no chance of damaging the cpu at 71c. A new cooling fan could be quieter for you. Just search for a cooling fan that has a low decibel rating along with, obviously, cooling performance.

Ah, thank you so much. I was just wary in case of it overheating or anything.

So, with those GPU and cpu temps, even though the thing is loud, could I get by with the stock fan for a while until I can get a new one? Thanks again