[SOLVED] i7 7700k, jumjpy temps is this normal ?

mrkrkr.krkr

Honorable
Feb 2, 2018
Hello guys is it normal to have jumpy temps on this cpu? like it hit 80c in games for few secs and drop down to 70 ish, and im freaking out i dunno if its normal or no

cooler is CRYORIG H7 Quad Lumi Programmable RGB Cooler with 4 heatpipes

Solution
The H7 isn't capable enough for good thermals on any i7 that sees a lot of sustained loads. And especially if it's overclocked, but even at the stock configuration it's likely to toe the line. Even more so if you don't have a very good case cooling configuration with at least two front intakes and both a top and rear exhaust fan(s).
80C is indeed a tad warm for gaming temps (at least 19C above normal gaming temps compared to a 7700K equipped with a Noctua NH-D15, assuming stock operation. (Perhaps 80C is not 'dangerous', but, warmer than it should be, with most liking temps of stock 7700Ks at sub-70C. Your temps might be in line for a single stack/single fan cooler only ~39% the size and surface area of some of the more premium air coolers.

The H7 isn't capable enough for good thermals on any i7 that sees a lot of sustained loads. And especially if it's overclocked, but even at the stock configuration it's likely to toe the line. Even more so if you don't have a very good case cooling configuration with at least two front intakes and both a top and rear exhaust fan(s).

Solution