[SOLVED] i7 7700K running slow?

Juan the FEAMAN

Commendable
May 10, 2019
Dear community, my processor shows the following performance indicators in the task manager:

Utilization 28%
Speed 2.36 GHz
Base speed 4.20 GHz
Virtualization: Enabled

I am running a computer simulation which should usually take as much computer power as possible (although I'm not sure). My cooling gig is quite old... its a corsair h100i, which I'm not sure is running optimally... my temps do run around 100°C. Could this be the problem? Is there a utility I can run to test my CPU so that it runs at Base speed? Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Intel CPUs are designed to thermal throttle and slow down when they reach 100°C. They will slow down as much as necessary so they do not exceed this temperature.

It is possible that your pump has failed. Try holding it to see if you can feel any vibration. Put your ear close to it and try to find out if it is still working.
Intel CPUs are designed to thermal throttle and slow down when they reach 100°C. They will slow down as much as necessary so they do not exceed this temperature.

It is possible that your pump has failed. Try holding it to see if you can feel any vibration. Put your ear close to it and try to find out if it is still working.

Reactions: Nemesia and Geef
Solution