i7 7700k running so many different core temperatures and really hot too

Mar 20, 2018
XWtf7

I tried to run a test of the core temperatures because i was getting warnings about my i7 7700k was hitting 85+ degrees while gaming CS:GO.

and I found this, I recently (2 months or so, changed the cooler thermal, because it was getting too hot earlier and thermal was all dried out), that did help untill now.. the thermal is not dried out this time thought... and im running out of ideas..

but really 10 degree difference between cores? is that even suppose to happen? almost 100 degree which is the cap for i7 7700k aswell.. i did hit these temperatures after litterally 2-3 seconds of testing and from that screenshot was taking and untill i hit the stop on the test, it went up to 98 degree..

Do I have a fair shot at RMA?

Probably the best option it is.
But try this

If things that youve done dont do it agian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkT2SYl5xpY

I think the thermal paste is issue, soo rma is best option.
Because many people had issue with thermal paste.
Voltage might be another factor if its set to auto.

Mar 20, 2018
Hey,

Sorry i didnt give to much information.

I tested the system with another i7 7700k which only got to 70 degree with 2-3 minutes of prime95.. My cooler is a kraken x62 and there is nothing wrong it (been checked)

Bios is updated (did it last time i changed liquid thermal)
its getting 1,2 volt under maxium load and not higher, because intel clearly stated that anything above could affect the heat to much :)

I did take the CPU out and replaced the thermal again, and got a it checked my a g33k (a guy who knows so much about hardware) and it said that everything was looking fine

CPU in question might have the occasional crappy core/IHS connection...

I'd sure try returning it if it overheats in 2 seconds....(be sure to emphasize you tried a different 7700K which worked fine)

Delidding it is possibly the only option afterward....