[SOLVED] I7 7700k stoped working

Jul 24, 2019
Sorry for my bad english, but i am very nervous about this probleme. Today, i wanted to start my PC, but it won't. IT turns on the case fans and the case rgb but the motherboard's rgb doesn't. Also it doesn't give any signal to the monitor or other periferics. The only thing that is on is a red led in the down right corner of the motherboard witch relate to the CPU. Motherboard is Gigabyte z270x ultra gaming.

Solution
Red light on mainboard might mean 'whatever', pertaining to A,B,C, .. but, still a PSU failure needs to be ruled out next...

(Removing the GPU would free up 150-170 watts of load from the PSU as well, but, if still no display from integrated, now you know GPU probably/likely not to blame if still no display from integrated)
Are you running from integrated video, or do you have a GPU?

Remove power completely from rear of PSU, and drop to one stick of RAM in recommended slot...

Removed GPU entirely (if applicable), ad test again for video...

Perhaps your PSU died, it can happen to anyone.... (the rig partially powering on does not mean the PSU is good at all, it only means that at least one or two of the voltages are at least partially working...)

Jul 24, 2019
Are you running from integrated video, or do you have a GPU?

Remove power completely from rear of PSU, and drop to one stick of RAM in recommended slot...

Removed GPU entirely (if applicable), ad test again for video...

Perhaps your PSU died, it can happen to anyone.... (the rig partially powering on does not mean the PSU is good at all, it only means that at least one or two of the voltages are at least partially working...)

I have a GTX 1060. I thought too that is a probleme ar the PSU (didn't try yet what you told me), but that red light in the motherboard that relates to the cpu is on becouse the cpu is not gaining enough power?

Red light on mainboard might mean 'whatever', pertaining to A,B,C, .. but, still a PSU failure needs to be ruled out next...

(Removing the GPU would free up 150-170 watts of load from the PSU as well, but, if still no display from integrated, now you know GPU probably/likely not to blame if still no display from integrated)

Reactions: CatalinRosca
Solution