[SOLVED] i7 7700k Stuttering. cant fix!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 12, 2019
So im having real problem with my setup at the moment. (see below for basic specs)
Whenever im playing a game that is putting my CPU under load, or streaming a less intensive game, i get huge stutters that render the game unplayable in my opinion.

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/CutePreciousPterodactylCmonBruh

Here is a clip from my stream as an example.
My cpu and GPU temperatures are between 60-75 while gaming
every time my cpu usage gets above 80% i get these huge drops.

Ive tried everything from re installing my CPU/GPU
Fresh intalled Windows today.
Spoke to intel and they run me through the diagnosis process. apparently my cpu is healthy with no problems.
going to try and speak to them on monday when the support desk is open again and try to claim on warranty.

Can anyone here think of anything else i could try/ have you seen anything like this before!
Thanks

i7 7700k
GTX 1080
16gb Ram
250gb SSD

Last edited:
Solution
Dropping speed to 800mhz is either cpu temp related or motherboard's vrms can't handle an 7700k properly anymore.
Jun 12, 2019
Its ok

Cpu pre-renders frames for the gpu so the cpu needs to do a lot of things not just prepare frames but lot of game code and whichever else, it'll never idle. When cpu speeds drop drastically like that does indicate either heat or motherboard throttling the cpu.

See this to understand what i mean about the connection between cpu, frames and gpu. He explains it well.

okay great well thankyou for helping me, wil look into getting a new motherboard and will let everyone know my results.

it is the biggest bottleneck in my system since ive replaced every part since i bought it pre built 2 years ago